13 August 2003

witness the sickness

Had a very good day yesterday. My friend Stuart, who is studying computer science in Manchester, in in Cardiff for the summer holidays and we went out playing pool. Got stupid drunk. we met up with Sion and went to this rock club called metros and had a great time untill, when we were leaving, this fat ugly bouncer accused me of setting fire to toilet paper in the bathroom. He knocked me down and dragged me out of the place by my hair. I freaked, couldn't stop bawling, hysterical choking tears. Sion and Stuart calmed me down. When we got back to my place we drank two bottles of wine. The hangover today was extreme.

reading a book of poetry by Charles Bukowski. Very fucking good. Also got some Murakami and The Great Gatsby by f. scott fitzgerald.

watching tv earlier, the new york special of absolutely fabulous. Whoopi Goldberg has a great cameo. Plays a councillor at this gaybitransgendered dropin centre. Best thing she's done for years.

Blogging the War away is an excellent article over at Z magazine about the propaganda job the US government done on it's people concerning the recent conflict in Iraq, using the mass media. Definately worth reading. yup.