09 November 2003

I'm all hungover and fragile, but yet still feel compelled to post. Look out for Jennie saying stuff about Seven Samurai, Probably derogatory, probably concerning the cinematography, probably at some point soon, so keep yr eyes peeled. All I have to say is, well, it sure ain't Kurosawa's best film, not even his best samurai film. Not that it isn't good.

From over at ukhh.com (that be UK HipHop y'know)...

"Wow! That's all I have to say.....

Cardiff emcee Ruffstylz has broken the World Record for Longest Freestyle Rap. Following in the footsteps of Canadian rapper TO's recent record set at 8 hours and 45 minutes, Ruffstylz extended the record to 10 hours and 34 minutes, finally stopping by choice rather than lack of steam. The record took place in The Toucan club, Cardiff, UK on Thursday 16th October 2003, starting at 4:30pm and finishing at 3:04am.
Furthermore, the original freestyle record set by TO wasn't organised through Guinness, as the organisation deems the improvisation of the record too difficult to monitor, so the record offered to Ruffstylz to set for the first time (not break) was Rapping Marathon By An Individual, where he would simply have to rhyme for as long as possible with written lyrics being allowed. The original intent for Ruffstylz attempting a World Record was for the challenge of breaking the freestyle record, so by undertaking the Guinness record but keeping his lyrics strictly off the top of the head, he has accumulated two world records at the same time."

I can't believe I missed this. No, wait, yes I can.

Go get your fill in the Post Punk Kitchen (via) - Almost makes me want to go vegatarian myself. I would too if, you know, I didn't like the flesh of dead animals so much.