06 July 2004

{_oO}%"£%[WARNING: Geek Rant!!!]$%£{oO_}

so, it's been a while...

Finally have internet connection up and running, albeit via USB and not ethernet as originally planned. Have noticed, and this is a recurring problem, that lockedinabox does not display properly in Internet Explorer, but looks absolutely fine in mozilla. Now, the easy answer would be to say "Download mozilla, you bums!" because, well, it is the better browser. Microsoft's edge has been waning for a while in the broswer stakes, although, of course, they still have the advantage of having their browser preinstalled on practically every non-*nix non-apple PC in the world.

Of course, it would be easy to say that, but I'd be snubbing a large share of my readers, which I don't wanna do. iexplore ain't that shite, and not everybody has an interest in their computer beyond surfing the web and the occassional word-processing binge. Of course, if you do you really should be running mozilla...

or if your really hardcore, linux, but I digress...

the problem is CSS and the different ways each browser interprets it. Something that displays fine in other browsers could look like shit in internet explorer. If this is the case for you you could try downloading the latest version from the microsoft website. I don't know, cuz like I said, I'm running mozilla.

I may try and track down some information about the more esoteric aspects of CSS and try and figure out a way to get the site to display correctly in all broswers, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I have other priorities right now.

Sorry for any inconveniance caused. No, really...