12 July 2004

thank you for you patience (continued)

*

I met a girl last night
in a dream.
Persephone
Like honey
dripped
Down my ear canal.
Named by her father
who lived in text-books
And dreamt of dead civilisations
Like others did of Hollywood starlets.

When she spoke of him
Her eyes fell
in mousey whispers
like he might be watching

she told me
That she could only
love in dreams
like she was broken
on the outside

And as she spoke
I fell into her eyes
And span in blissful vertigo

We stood in a garden
And blossomed together
sat beneath a tree
eyes roaming
Fingers entwined
She told me her story
And I told her mine

Before I woke
She asked me
If I would
Meet with her again
And I said I would
But how would I find her?

Then my eyes
Fell open like smoke
And she was gone.

*

Trying to find someone
Anyone
Music pouring into my head
Smoke floating around my brain.
A seagull flies over and I tip my head back
to watch it pass a lamp-post.

*

In 'smallman' a guy on a bicycle races another guy on rollerblades
Around the knotted paths
Whilst another judicates from a pedestal
I sit and smoke
And listen to the blanket of sound
I wrap myself in
Far too much.

*

Snake bite and black in the park vaults
With Sean and Mike
And an old school raver called Dee
And the usual alcoholic poet at the bar
With dreadlock man
Who I sometimes pick up off of.

“Ain’t you the guy who deals smack?”
“Nah, man. Not smack.”
“I seen you go outside with a lot of people.”

*


Tonight is black and PVC
glow sticks and MDMA
dropping base and pills
in bathrooms with friends.

Dancing and hugging
for hours.

riding the bliss till 2am

then falling home
talking and singing
with a small goth girl on my back
named Kaz.

When we reach our destination I drop again with Vicki
who makes hardcore seem like silly putty
and tells me what happened, years ago,
to her friends lungs when he smoked plastic
out of angst
and whilst everybody else has crashed by 5
we stay up till 8
talking shit
enjoying the morning air.

*