22 December 2004

don't ever let anyone tell you that it cannot be done...

That you can't stay up all night dropping pills, barely sleep, and then go and help your cousin move house, because you totally can. Sure, your uncle might notice that your pupils still look like obistan saucers but at least you didn't let anyone down; including your drug crazy friends and self, by giving in to your huge irresponsibility streak that just wants to get cained and have fun. I think this represents a new maturity in my hedonism. The fact that I'm willing to do manual labour after a huge ecstasy session I think shows an important progression in my personality. Of course, it could of just been a one off fluke that I'm never going to want to repeat ever again, but maybe not. Maybe this is the new Me - Responsible and Hungry for the Psychoactive.

A little backstory into my cousin.

I've never liked the stupid bitch. When we were both teenagers she drove me crazy and I wanted to kill her. She was immature, irresponsible and highly annoying, with a whingy townie voice like cheese grater. After we moved out of llanrumney I saw her as seldom as I could, although I was always polite when I did.

Then she got pregnant. Well, that's what you get when you sleep with boys much much older than yourself without protection (although she said she did I think she's too embarassed to admit that she didn't). She was 17. She didn't get an abortion. My mum says "It's not so easy to reach the decision to abort your child." But personally me thinks it's alot easier, both emotionally and physically, to abort your child than it is to raise a kid when your 17, barely educated, jobless, out of wedlock and with absolutely no help from the father, but maybe I'm just strange. Either that or other people have trouble looking at a picture bigger than a postage stamp.

After the kid is born she's still living with her mother. Kinda tense, to be sure, but kinda working. Then, for some reason which has been kept awfully hush hush but could have something to do with the cousin's mother being an alcoholic, they get evicted from their council house. Cousin gets moved into B&B by council, Mother moves in with her parents. Because of this Cousin and Child spends an increasing amount of time here in this house, getting help and support from my mum and my eldist/younger sister, and her Mother. Suddenly, this is a full house with everyone going ga ga over the baby. Now, I like children... other people's children, the type that aren't always in my house sucking up the energy like a fucking sea sponge. Every day when I come home from uni the house is a hive of daycarelike activity. It really really doesn't make me happy, but I keep quiet, because, although misanthropic and judgemental, I'm not without compassion or empathy, and having a baby in the house makes my mum light up like times square.

So, that's the backstory, or at least some of it. Cousin is still imature and annoying but slightly less so. We at least we have a rapor now. Sure, it's based on insults and childish giggling, but it's better than nothing.

So yeah, me and my uncle, who I used to work for for a couple of summers, empty Cousin's Mothers stuff out of storage to go into Cousin's new temporary council place, which takes like 5 trips in his huge but compact van, whilst cousin and cousin's mother wrestle with beurocracy and gas men. And that's enough about that because I'm bored of talking about family bullshit.