31 March 2005

traveling withought moving

I had the most vivid set of dreams last night.

When I say vivid I don't necersarily mean I can narrate them all the way though.
Even though there is a clear arc I couldn't tell you everything. I just couldn't.

The clearest part was supposedly set in austrailia, but it sure as hell didn't look like austrialia. I'm guessing my subconcious just threw up that country because I know a couple of people from there. It was this beach of pure golden sand that seemed to stretch to forever. There were these campsite like settlements all along the coast and in one of these was myself and my family. We were on holiday. There were more settlements filled with white people next to ours futher up the beach but on the otherside there was a settlement of indiginous coloured people. I mean, I assumed they were the indiginous people, that was what my subconcious was telling me. Beyond them there was like this surfer settlement thing.

The sea was awe inspiring, the most deepest blue. Despite the lack of wind the waves twisted into huge omnidirectional scultures that held for the briefest of moments before returning to the ocean. As if the laws of physics were designed purely to create these impossible gargantuan shapes. I so wanted to ride those waves, to be pulled and pushed and thrown by them. I could feel the desire aching in my soul. I scored weed off the indiginous people. I don't know why I thought to ask them, instead of the other tourists. I guess I just figured that if they lived there they'd know where the weed was at. I sat before them and, looking around and taking them all in but focusing on this one middle aged woman, asked in my kindest most polite voice, "Excuse me, I was wondering if any of you guys knew where I could get some weed." The woman said something but I didn't quite catch it. I thought she was telling me that they didn't have any and was about to leave when she turned and plucked a bud from the ground and gave it to me. "What about payment?" I asked, and she said she'd come and find me later.

I don't know why I'm even trying to write this shit down. Dreams will only ever be profound to the ones who dreamt them. They might be of interest to a psychoanalyst, but only to infer my current mental state. I just can't get over those waves, They were the most beautiful things I had ever seen.

There is so much more to this than what I've put down here but I wanna go have a bath.