18 December 2004

News for your Noos

I'm moving out after christmas, leaving home to go and stay with my friend Sacha until I can't find my own place. I'm doing this for two reasons: One, being around my family messes me up and I've now realised that the only way I can continue to grow is by getting the fuck out of Dodge (no duh!) and Two, I can't write with the constant distraction that is family life around here. I'm hoping Sacha's lifestyle of solitude, reading, writing and alcohol will help me focus. If not, at least I hope to think about things.

I haven't told anyone in my family yet except for my dad, who was down last night exchanging gifts. I'll tell my mum probably boxing day, or the day after, because she loves christmas and I wouldn't want to ruin it for her. I have this uncontrollable desire to keep the momentum of my life going, which was brought on by the film shoot, and this absolute terror that if I don't I'll be trapped in an infinate loop of tedium and neurosis for the rest of my existence.

On a filmy note, you can download public domain features and shorts over at the internet archive, which includes four chaplin shorts, Reefer Madness and Night of the Living Dead.